Monday, August 8, 2011

Drug Store Review: Jordana Cosmetics

So, I was at Walgreen's a week or two ago and noticed they were having a clearance sale on some Jordana products. I had tried products from this company years ago and they weren't that good but I thought 'Hey, Wet N Wild weren't always that grand either so maybe these have improved too.' And at $0.50 each, I could not pass up giving them a try. 

So, what I bought were 5 Kohl Kajal Eyeliners in Onyx, Espresso, Green Gables, Parisian Plum and Cool Aqua as well as a Incolor by Jordana Pretty Shine Luxury Gloss in Adorable
The eyeliners aren't that bad. They are kohl eyeliners so they go on rather smooth and they are true to color pigmented. When you swatch them on your hand and rub, they do smear easily. When your actually wearing them though they do stay. I would guess if you winged out your liner and rubbed your eyes they would smear off but if you don't they won't. If you blink really deep or are 'lol'-ing the color will transfer to your lower lid. 
The lipgloss looks really good in the tube but when it's on, not so much. It is not an everyday color, you would have to be specifically going for that kind of look to wear this gloss out. It smells really eww, like a cheap grape scent and is kinda sticky but not too bad as most cheap lipglosses are. It tends to stay where you put it so you won't really be tasting it too often.
Swatches 
With Flash
Without Flash


Over all, I say give the stuff a try. If your like me and you just gotta buy some makeup when you see it, just to have it and be happy, then this is a good cheap alternative, even when they're not on clearance. Stay away from the glosses but do try the eyeliners, I've used 3 of them already and they're quite good.


♥XO♥

No comments:

Post a Comment